Clock-Face and Looking-Glass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Paranormal Emergencies

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Important info about me

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
StayingSane

Date of Registration : 2012-12-07

Important info about me Empty
PostSubject: Important info about me   Important info about me EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 3:07 pm

I hate to give out private information online, but I feel like this is kinda pertinent to my situation andhandling anything I go through at all.

Four years back I was kicked out of my stepdad's house for being a general menace to the household because I was deeply psychotic. I was extremely defiant and refused to take any medication or seek help orf any kind. I spent three years on the street suffering from delusions and hallucinations and not being able to scrape together a decent meal m,ost of the time. Thankfully someone was looking out for me in a local homeless shelter and she managed to convince me that she wasn't part of some grand, alien conspiracy long enoug hto get me off the streets and into a decent home. I've been on medication for a year since and seeing therapy has helped a ton. I have a diagnosis of schizophrenia. But I try not to let that influence my life as much as I once did. Right now I'm doing very well. I don't hallucinate and I don't find myself compelled to do things because "the voices told me to". I attribute that all to the kindness of my friend.

Basically I'm telling all of you this so that you'll know what you're dealing with with me. I don't have any reason to suspect that the paranormal events in my life are in any way caused by my disorder. I'm perfectly in my right mind and have been for a year now. If I weren't, I know that my friend would get me to seek further treatment/help/whatever.

If you do see anything in my behavior or my experience to suggest otherwise, let me know, now or otherwise. I know it might be kind of easy to write off what I'm going through as delusion.... but I'm asking you guys to trust me on this when I say it isn't. At least for now. it's just important that I give you all the truth so you'll know what to do in the event that I do have a psychotic break, or whatever.
Back to top Go down
OutofAmbit

OutofAmbit

Date of Registration : 2012-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Important info about me   Important info about me EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 6:47 pm

Oh, wow. This must be especially awful for you. I'm so sorry.
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

Date of Registration : 2012-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Important info about me   Important info about me EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 7:03 pm

Well, it does sound like Sane's doing rather well with it actually. So... my fingers are crossed for a good future. Smile I trust you, Sane, and I trust your judgement on this - or your friends judgement.
Back to top Go down
https://lookatthetime.rpg-board.net
StayingSane

PostSubject: Re: Important info about me   Important info about me EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 7:34 pm

I do my best.
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

PostSubject: Re: Important info about me   Important info about me EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 6:59 am

Thank you for telling us.
It's interesting how a lot of people whose brain works differently (I don't know a better word :/) are involved with the paranormal. I think it shapes your perception! :? (And of course being involved with the paranormal shapes your brain so it's kind of like a cycle! I think for you it's even more likely that your problems could flare up after being involved with the paranormal than having delusions about the paranormal! Please take care!)
Back to top Go down
StayingSane

PostSubject: Re: Important info about me   Important info about me EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 1:45 pm

I'd prefer to think the two experiences are completely separate from each other, personally....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Important info about me   Important info about me Empty

Back to top Go down

Important info about me
Page 1 of 1