Clock-Face and Looking-Glass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Paranormal Emergencies

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)

Go down 
+5
Deep1
RedQueen
Shutter
Noah_
OutofAmbit
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Shutter

Shutter

Date of Registration : 2012-12-06

Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 5:44 pm

Well ,thats one hell of a disposal! Maybe we should use your house as entity dumpster! pirat
Back to top Go down
OutofAmbit

OutofAmbit

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 5:51 pm

I dunno. Maybe. This was a bit more emphatic than I was expecting. If my parents had been around, that would've been trouble.
Back to top Go down
Deep1

Deep1

Date of Registration : 2012-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 12:24 am

OutofAmbit wrote:
I dunno. Maybe. This was a bit more emphatic than I was expecting. If my parents had been around, that would've been trouble.
Why's that? They've been living in a place full of paranormal entities for a while now. Shouldn't it be possible to explain this to them?
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:49 am

I guess they don't want their children to get involved with this. Like with rock music and biker gangs ,you know?
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

Date of Registration : 2012-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 7:12 am

Or maybe they're trying to protect their kids? Not that it would work, ever... D:

I wish you could tie one of those house entities to a gun. Then you could walk around annihilating entities like in a shooter!! Very Happy ... Sorry, I don't really have anything productive to say. :/ But I'm glad you're safe for now, OutofAmbit! Very Happy Will you investigate your house spirits, too? 83
Back to top Go down
OutofAmbit

OutofAmbit

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 11:23 am

My parents have been very willfully ignorant of the entire situation. My mother knows something is going on but has forbidden discussion of it and banned any sort of further curiosity into the occult. My father to this day insists there's a mundane explanation for anything.

At /best/, the entire thing would be treated as a freak accident and made a giant flailing fuss over. At worst, I would be in a lot of trouble for getting involved in this sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
Deep1

Deep1

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 1:21 pm

In that case you will have to have a close eye on them.

On a side note, it seems you have a very useful place for a home. I mean destroying entities without the perils of Dispersing... It sounds too good to be true. But you've been living there for a long time, yes? And your family never got hurt? very useful indeed.
Back to top Go down
OutofAmbit

OutofAmbit

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 1:29 pm

My family, no. Everyone else who stays more than a couple hours? Yes.

Shutter had a very good point the other night. Dawn and I are doing research into what's going on with the house and our family history.

The full story, as far as we've been told since we were babies, is that our family was cursed a little over a century ago, and this house is the only thing keeping us all safe.

We heard the story from our Grandma when we were little-she died almost ten years ago now. Mom refuses to tell the story. Says it's all rubbish. But she and Dad tried to move away just before they had us, and for whatever reason they didn't last a year before coming back to this house.

I don't know why we never thought to look into it. I guess we didn't want to look too hard at it for fear something would go wrong.
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 9:03 pm

I had a good point? Wow ,what was it?
And also: I think doing research the oldfashioned way should not stir up thing with your hausgeist at all. Most of the time entities are rather oblivious for the non-occult activities that humans are getting themselves into. It might be different with Rituals so I recommend seeing what you can find out without them first.
Back to top Go down
OutofAmbit

OutofAmbit

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 11:56 pm

You had a good point that I should look into this stuff, Shutter. And I'm really hoping you're right on that.
Back to top Go down
Deep1

Deep1

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 12:22 am

Shutter wrote:
Most of the time entities are rather oblivious for the non-occult activities that humans are getting themselves into.
Take that with a grain of salt. In my experience, the paranormal will surprise you more often than not.
Back to top Go down
OutofAmbit

OutofAmbit

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 5:26 pm

So, the research is varying from maddeningly unhelpful to downright disconcerting. On the one hand, I can't find anything about the curse or what might have provoked it.

On the other hand... the first mention either of us can find of the house we currently live in is in 1935, where there's a fluff piece in the local paper about our family moving in to the house. That was already built. We couldn't find any building permits or blueprints, nor even any permits that would've had to have been secured to modernize the building with better electrics and turning the attic into an apartment. But that was all done, and the house is here, obviously.

The attic apartment was done when we were tiny, for our grandmother. But Dad says he doesn't remember any construction (he was actually super adamant that it was like that when he moved in here with Mom). Mom says it wasn't like this when she was growing up, so it must've been done when we moved in. So it /definitely/ needed a permit, but no such thing exists.
Back to top Go down
Deep1

Deep1

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 12:56 pm

That is very mysterious. I would even go so far as to say "suspicious". Have you contacted the responsible office yet? 1935 isn't THAT long ago. This stuff should still be on file.
Back to top Go down
OutofAmbit

OutofAmbit

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 1:37 pm

We did. There wasn't anything in the normal place, they're saying it must have gotten lost somewhere when they changed offices a few years ago. But losing /everything/ is pretty suspicious.
Back to top Go down
Deep1

Deep1

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 1:53 pm

Awesome governmental structures you got there.
I have another idea. maybe the neighbours know something?
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 1:59 pm

Are there books on your neighbourhood? D8 Like books about the architecture and history, with old photographs, maybe?? They might help you to figure out the architect! Or if there are homes close by which look similar, maybe it was the same architect... I don't really know what the neighbourhood your house is in looks like, so these ideas are kind of general, sorry! )8 I just have this suspicion that knowing the architect might open up another information resource!
Back to top Go down
OutofAmbit

OutofAmbit

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 2:03 pm

That's the thing. These people didn't lose anything else. They did a check when they moved. Our cousin works there and looked into it for us.

Our neighbors are new to the area. We live in an area that's mostly rented out to people without much money, and no one stays here for more than a couple years. A lot of old fancy houses that're falling to pieces. And then our house. Which is why my parents tried to move when they were having us.

As for the neighborhood, not really. Because again, it's fallen into disrepair, and no one writes books about homes that were pretty a long time ago but are falling apart. We can't find anything from back when this was the fancy part of town, either.
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 2:07 pm

Well some people do! :0 Especially when the neighbourhood used to be pretty! But I guess that's a bit more common in big cities... :/

Maybe you need to figure out why your parents couldn't move away first! (If they don't wanna talk about it... Snooping around in old letters?? 80)
Back to top Go down
Deep1

Deep1

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 2:33 pm

This sounds like The Colour Out of Space. not a good sign. Maybe it would be prudent to look into why people keep moving away. Are there rumours and urban legends of any kind? I mean other than your family being cursed?
Back to top Go down
OutofAmbit

OutofAmbit

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 4:18 pm

Dad was willing to talk about it. He says that when they moved, they had really bad luck with places. One of them had bedbugs, one of them burned down, one had roaches, that sort of thing. So they came back here because they wanted a stable place since Dawn and I were about to be born.

Mom just says it's not important.

What do you mean, the Colour Out of Space?
There's lots of stories about our house being haunted, but not much else. It's just kind of a bad neighborhood.
Back to top Go down
Deep1

Deep1

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 5:01 pm

The Colour Out Of Space is a Lovecraft story. It is set in a strip of land in the USA where many people have settled in the previous years but nobody could stand to stay for longer than a few years.

So I take it, your neighbourhood is more of a... temporary home for most people?
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 5:39 pm

That bad luck could've been the entity/ies, trying to make your parents come back...? :0 But that would either mean your parents somehow dragged them around or the entity/ies can somehow exert influence beyond the house's base...! 80

IF the offices lost the files on you on purpose, they might be trying to hide something - that was possibly either caused BY your haunting or just... caused the haunting. :I Or it's just another case of influence beyond the actual house itself...
Back to top Go down
OutofAmbit

OutofAmbit

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 11:12 am

It's not particularly supernatural seeming, though. Not many people /want/ to stay in rented houses for more than a year or two. I mean, I guess it might be, but I hesitate to jump to that conclusion.

Noah, I figure it probably was. I know for a fact that if it really wants to, it can exert influence outside the house, if one of us is nearby. Dawn and I have used that as an emergency security measure before.
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 12:02 pm

Its a story written by H.P. Lovecraft as far as i remember. Although these things remember me more of the 'Black House' by King.
Have you cecked for blueprints? There should be records somewhere. At least in the city hall?
Sorry if i use the wrong term here ,dunno if it fits.
Back to top Go down
OutofAmbit

OutofAmbit

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 12:08 pm

We did check for blueprints, and they don't exist ANYWHERE. At least not anywhere we can find.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next