Clock-Face and Looking-Glass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Paranormal Emergencies

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)

Go down 
+5
Deep1
RedQueen
Shutter
Noah_
OutofAmbit
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Space Warrior

Space Warrior

Date of Registration : 2013-01-14

Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 5:57 pm

RedQueen wrote:
Hahaha, you hear that Shutter? Seems like someone has taken a shine to you. Wink Maybe just explain her that good old Shutter needs his rest every now and then. He might like to play Batman for us all, but he is no Bruce Wayne and Hollywood won't heal him after busting his leg by being reckless.
I am not the one who has taken a shine to Shutter, TRUST ME. Emily on the other hand certainly has! You should hear her talking about him, "Shutter this," and "Shutter says that" and on and on like that ALL the time! She's practically SWOONING, I tells ya! She's worried that HE is going to get in trouble with the police or HURT if he shows up here, which I think is SILLY!! We need all the help we can get. I have the perfect spot for the Corridor of Darkness exit. And we have a POWERFUL ENTITY on our hands that could be dangerous if we do things the wrong way! The more people we have on our side, here, in person to help us perform rituals, the better! We will be SAFER that way, especially with a veteran like Shutter around. I think it's a better idea than doing this all on our own! Emily almost got really hurt that way!!

Also, RedQueen, if you are sexy, you may hug me, dear. Don't worry, I won't mind. Wink
Back to top Go down
OutofAmbit

OutofAmbit

Date of Registration : 2012-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 5:59 pm

Wait, what? I'm gay, Dawn. Why would you say that? I'm sorry, that doesn't even make sense...
Back to top Go down
Space Warrior

Space Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 6:07 pm

Whatever you say, Em...whatever you say...
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

Date of Registration : 2012-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 6:14 pm

Maybe we should start selling tickets for Shutters service. And add a "Happy End" option due to popular demand.

But it all seriousness, SW, it's not that I wouldn't rather like to see you in Shutters experienced hands than on your own. But he was injured rather harshly when he last went on an adventure, and you two seem to be in need of rest as well. Why don't you rather try and take your time to recover from the shock and wounds to start over with refreshed energy? I'm a bit worried about you doing rituals so soon after having had to deal with this desaster.

Dawn, I'd love to take you up on your offer. However, this will probably have to wait until I can actually phsyically reach you. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://lookatthetime.rpg-board.net
Shutter

Shutter

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:04 am

Guys. Don't make me yell again. My landlady will have to write me a nasty letter again and the neighbors will give me these funny looks for weeks!

FIRST:
This is about surviving paranormal encounters so we should keep our HAPPY ENDs all for ourselves ,shall we?
SECOND:
There is still something for both of you to do ,right? There must be a clue to what this overpowered fucker actually is or since when it is there. And due to the fact that you don't want us to stumble around your lawn you might GET BACK TO RESEARCH ,PRONTO!
Its not as if we can do a single f-k withour SOME data ,you know?

Deep ,help me here goddamnit!
Back to top Go down
OutofAmbit

OutofAmbit

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 2:49 pm

I'm sorry, Shutter, Dawn is... well, Dawn.

As for the research, I'm doing what I can, but I've been having these weird headaches when I try to read for very long, so it's slow going. And we're not really sure where to look at this point, so we're flying blind.

I have no idea what to do at this point. Everything we tried to do to give us answers just raised more questions. Maybe we should've just left well enough alone.
Back to top Go down
Deep1

Deep1

Date of Registration : 2012-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 8:30 am

Yup, back to research. I would like to ask you to keep your sibling quarrelling to the offtopic forum, if you would be so kind.
Back to top Go down
OutofAmbit

OutofAmbit

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 4:10 pm

I'm so sorry, I had hoped she'd have the good sense to act with the maturity suited to such serious matters. I tend to forget that as smart as she is, she does have Aspergers and doesn't understand social limitations very well.

I'm so sorry to have brought her in to cause problems.
Back to top Go down
Deep1

Deep1

Date of Registration : 2012-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 1:58 am

Don't apologise. We're all a bit high-strung at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Space Warrior

Space Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 4:25 pm

I've got several pages of notes in my journal on our House and the entity that might be residing in it. Here are some key facts related to, or that I suspect are related to, the case. Hopefully this helps all of you figure out what is going on with us and our family.

NOTES:
  • Emily left out some details about the conversation we had with our father about the House before her hospitalization. Our mother would have been angry with us for even mentioning the supernatural. He refused to believe that there was anything funny going on. "You're just like your mom's side of the family. ...paranoid, superstitious..." apparently, according to our father, our mother was the first one who ever tried to leave this house in fifty years. My mother's side of the family owns this house, so it's been passed down from generation to generation.
  • In the past, we've managed to get our intention to communicate with the House across to it. Once we figured out that it was hurting guests, we started performing rituals asking it not to do so. Guests who we informed the House were friends were not harmed. Those who we forgot to tell the House about were. In addition, although the House made no attempts to respond to our communications, it did instill within us a powerful feeling of being watched, or, as Em described it at the time, "...being center stage during the performance of a huge play..."
  • As Emily mentioned, the House is very keen to keep us living within it, or at least to keep parts of our family living within it. As long as someone from our family is there, everyone in the family is protected. Presumably, this has to do with our mother's side of the family, as my father only moved in because his wife's family gave them the House.
  • I would insist that our mother's side of the family be investigated. I'll do some interviewing, maybe make some phone calls. Investigating our mother's side of the family seems important to me. I can't seem to get Emily to listen to me on this.
  • In relation to the above point, Emily has been acting strangely since her awakening. She is slower/stupider than usual, and more hostile if provoked. For example, this:
    OutofAmbit wrote:
    ... I tend to forget that as smart as she is, she does have Aspergers and doesn't understand social limitations very well. ...
    is simply untrue. Emily is very aware of my mental health, and is the only person I trust to consistently keep my disorder in mind when speaking to me or acting on my behalf. She is not usually like this, and any protestation to the contrary is either a lie or a denial of the truth on her part. Please probe her to look into this.

That is all the information I have. You now know and are aware of all the things which I am. I am going to leave this forum now.
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 5:32 pm

Leaving the forum now might not be a good idea, Dawn. If something is up with Emily, you are the first one able to help her. None of us can even come near you two without help from your side.
Back to top Go down
OutofAmbit

OutofAmbit

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 3:42 pm

On the other hand, I asked her not to come here to begin with, and if she can't be here without acting out and embarrassing me, maybe it's for the best. I'm fine, really.
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

Date of Registration : 2012-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 4:33 pm

Space Warrior wrote:

In the past, we've managed to get our intention to communicate with the House across to it. Once we figured out that it was hurting guests, we started performing rituals asking it not to do so.

Could any of you describe these rituals more in-depth? :0c

Last edited by Noah_ on Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bbcode + grammar)
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 10:38 pm

But she didn't embarass anyone, Em. If she had been out of line, rest assured that Deep1, Shutter and me wouldn't have left it at a bit of joking around and a friendly request. I think we all appreciate and cherish what joy we can have together. So please don't harbour any hard feelings for your sister, after all is sa̧i̡͟d and done, you're living with her, not with us. And siblings can be very important, especially when dealing with the paranormal.
Back to top Go down
OutofAmbit

OutofAmbit

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 3:29 pm

So, I'm out of the hospital now. They put me through all different kinds of scans trying to figure out what happened, but when they couldn't find anything, they had to let me go.

Unfortunately, I'm not supposed to go back to school this term. My parents had me switch all my classes to online ones, so that I can stay at home where they can keep an eye on me and make sure it doesn't happen again. It was the doctors' suggestion, and I can't really convince them otherwise. It won't be too awful, the house isn't acting against me any further, I'm pretty sure it didn't mean to harm me.

If I had to guess, I'd say it was either a reflexive strike out, or perhaps it was too big, so it blew out the spell? Like trying to plug too much into an outlet and the whole thing shuts off.
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:05 am

I'd go for the strike out. Search Out worked with all entities until now ,even the very big ones. However don't let your guard down. This thing literally punched you out of your body for some time and although it is not exactly hostile towards you its still dangerous. You told me once that you and you sister created some twin-based Rituals once. Could they be used to find out where your mind was after the incident?
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 12:56 pm

Yeah, Shutter. Just advise her to use a ritual seeking out paranormal activity just after she was hurt severely by a ritual tat seeked out paranormal activity. Don't you want to send her an altar to sacrifice herself to the blood gods over directly? Because that actually sounds less risky.

It's obvious that the House has long since noticed what the analysis rituals are supposed to do, and it doesn't seem to be very happy with that. Maybe we should just let this rest for now and look for another way to find out more about it.

I actually endorse Noahs question more, because maybe this really can be settled by simple communication. Em, would you please describe your rituals? We could then together figure out how to tweak them in a way that might make things easier for you - if the House protected you so far in most cases, and even heeded your requests, it might not be actually hostile. Maybe it is willing to give you information about itself, maybe that would even do it a favour. Most entities do have some kinds of things they want, after all, be they good or evil.
Back to top Go down
OutofAmbit

OutofAmbit

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 1:54 pm

That's the problem. The rituals didn't work-I tried that before I tried the mirror thing at all. The rituals to 'communicate' with the house Entity were very basic.

We would basically over exaggerate old host/guest ritualistic interactions, to help the house identify that we had welcomed them there, and they were our guests. We got the idea when Mom told us the story of her and Dad moving in here, and how Grandma had insisted Dad carry her over the threshold in her wedding dress to get the house to recognize him as part of the family.
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 2:37 pm

I was more thinking along the lines of reverse engineering the inner workings of the entity from a ritual that works :0 kind of like with origami swans and SMILEs... But if they were simple like that... Other than a basic understanding of human symbolism, you can't tell much from it?? (But that's kind of a given for a house entity ugh)

But my suggestion to MatterOfTime goes out to you, too! Does anything happen when you observe your Trap Room? :0
Back to top Go down
OutofAmbit

OutofAmbit

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 11:01 am

It's not human symbolism. It's old spiritualism-mostly from celts and such. The rules of hospitality were rooted in the supernatural.
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 11:21 am

Ah, then I misunderstood what you'd written D:
Back to top Go down
OutofAmbit

OutofAmbit

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 11:24 am

It's fine, I phrased it badly. As for the question about the trap room, I cannot for the life of me get lucid anymore. It's probably the medicine they have me on right now...
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 11:53 am

They have you on medication? For what ,paranormal mindwiping? Fuck this shit ,you don't need any meds ,you'll need answers!
Back to top Go down
OutofAmbit

OutofAmbit

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 4:02 pm

The running theory is that my blood pressure dropped, so they've got me on meds for that. It's pretty much a guessing game, they don't know and they're throwing meds and hoping things stick. I'm probably gonna try and skip a day if I can get it past my folks and check it out.
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 4:09 pm

What kinda meds are these? :0c Like would you feel comfortable posting a brand name or sth??
If the traditional way doesn't work, you could try Dream Root or Bitter Grass! I've never needed that myself but it might help you?? D:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)   Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ghost Stories (and an entity injuring me in my sleep)
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next