Clock-Face and Looking-Glass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Paranormal Emergencies

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Ritual Planning Thread

Go down 
+2
Nichtschwert
Broeckchen
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Broeckchen
Admin

Date of Registration : 2012-12-06

The Ritual Planning Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Ritual Planning Thread   The Ritual Planning Thread EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 7:07 am

In this thread, rituals you plan to introduce into the forum can be put up for feedback before you post them in the in-universe forum.
If you want a ritual or its negative effects to be a surprise for the other players, you can always send it to me, JPunkt, Nichtschwert or mapp in a PM. We will then review it away from everyone elses eyes and give you some feedback in private.

If you want to post a ritual with side-effects unknown to the character who puts it up, you can simply leave a little note here, like "I'm gonna post the ritual 'Wide Eyes Shut' now. If anyone uses this ritual ingame, please tell me before posting the results. There's something to add."
Back to top Go down
Nichtschwert

Nichtschwert

PostSubject: Re: The Ritual Planning Thread   The Ritual Planning Thread EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 12:49 pm

I wrote a Ritual for Deep1 to post.

Quote :
Corridor in Darkness

This ritual is rather hard to do and plenty risky, but if it works, it can be very useful, as well. It allows you to get from one place to another unseen and unheard while passing any and all kinds of security on the way.

You will need:
- Two pitch-black rooms
- A portable, extinguishable source of light (Like an electric torch for example)
- A very accurate map or blueprints or even both.
- A black felt tip pen or the like.
- Optional sticky tape

How you do it:
- Identify your two rooms. make sure you can ensure that both of them will be absolutely pitch black dark when you perform this ritual.
- Make a map with both rooms in it, by taping two blueprints together or if you already have a map with both of the places on it, you can just take that instead.
- Fill both rooms on your map out completely with the black felt tip pen, then connect them with a black line.
- With the same pen draw something like this symbol:
The Ritual Planning Thread C9wkag9ajgn60ic0c
Note, that it's mostly the idea that counts here. Draw the red part in black, as well. I just made it red to distinguish it from the black line. That black line is the one connecting the rooms. It's important that the lines inside the oval are straight and the lines outside are curved and have exactly one other curved line splitting off. There need to be 9 of those lines.
- Go to the room from which you want to enter the Corridor in Darkness with the map and the source of light and turn into the direction of the line on your map. Now turn off all the lights, so that the room is completely dark. I MEAN completely, by the way. You need to be unable to see anything.
- Take nine long steps forward beginning with your left leg. A step in this case is moving one foot in front of you and putting your weight on it. So the left foot will take five steps and the other four. Make those steps as long as you can without them being really uncomfortable. Keep your arms close to your body and your eyes open during the entire trip. Do not make a sound. You might hear things and you might feel things brushing against your skin. Believe me you don't want to know what those things are. Just make haste with your nine steps. You will not run into a wall, even if you naturally should.
- After you took those very important steps, take your source of light and light it. if you did everything right, you should now be in the other pitch black room (mostly) safe and sound. If not, keep as calm as you can. Turn your light off quickly and keep your eyes open. Don't dwell on the things you saw. Turn around 360 degrees. Yes that's one complete turn. It sounds stupid but DO it. Make it accurate, too! As accurate as you can. Then take 81 steps, beginning with your RIGHT foot. Turn your light on again. If you're back in the first room, good on you. if not... You're officially hosed.

Bad things:
The Corridor in Darkness leads through something really terrible. That's why darkness is so important. I don't know what exactly it is, but people have usually been completely unable to describe it.
If you do these steps exactly as said here, nothing bad should happen as far as I know, but it's really easy to mess this up. If you mess up in a big way, you might get lost in there forever. Minor mishaps (Like not keeping your hands to yourself, making too much noise or the destination being lit when you arrive there) can sometimes allow a paranormal entity from the Corridor to exit right after you. Nobody has been able to describe those entities either, beyond them being completely black and corporeal and hideous beyond words.

Possible outcomes Deep1 doesn't know about:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
mapp

mapp

PostSubject: Re: The Ritual Planning Thread   The Ritual Planning Thread EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 1:02 pm

Spoiler:

So far I like it! I'm not sure how useful it is: If you somehow can ensure that a room will be pitch black, why would you need to travel there via this corridor? But on the other hand, if you're talking about the cellar of a dilapidated building, or an unused freezer, that sort, it will most likely be pitch black.
I'm not sure what you're going to do with this but the horrors that lurk in that corridor sound intriguing. x]
Back to top Go down
Nichtschwert

Nichtschwert

PostSubject: Re: The Ritual Planning Thread   The Ritual Planning Thread EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 1:09 pm

Spoiler:

Yeah, it's limited as all hell, but if you get creative with it, you can do some pretty cool stuff.
Back to top Go down
Nichtschwert

Nichtschwert

PostSubject: Re: The Ritual Planning Thread   The Ritual Planning Thread EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 8:01 am

Spoiler:

Yeah, it's limited as all hell, but if you get creative with it, you can do some pretty cool stuff.

EDIT: Bump. Does nobody have criticism for this? :3
Back to top Go down
JPunkt

PostSubject: Re: The Ritual Planning Thread   The Ritual Planning Thread EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 3:25 pm

The usefulness of this ritual seems to me like part of the danger ,so I would let that slip. I think it is pretty cool. It's dangerous as hell and hard to pull off without bloody up but can be a lifesaver when out of option so I would totally add it and see forward to an opportunity to bring Shutter in a situation where he has to rely on it!

PS: darn Nichtschwert! You should think about a career as horror author! I always find myself moving into the Sandman direction but you manage to always stay at the side of pure lovecraftian nightmare! Bravo!
Back to top Go down
Nichtschwert

Nichtschwert

PostSubject: Re: The Ritual Planning Thread   The Ritual Planning Thread EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 3:22 am

Aw stop it, you. *blush*

I would totally write more horror stories if I had the patience. xD
Back to top Go down
Broeckchen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Ritual Planning Thread   The Ritual Planning Thread EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 9:32 am

I approve of this ritual, it's very atmospheric~<3
Back to top Go down
Nichtschwert

Nichtschwert

PostSubject: Re: The Ritual Planning Thread   The Ritual Planning Thread EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 2:22 pm

Regarding the first post on this page: >>Click<<

I am really confused. Mirror Surveillance is a ritual that reveals and slightly empowers incorporeal entities. Now I understand that you're trying to do something interesting and weird with this, but I'd still like to know. What does this even mean? We need to keep the results of ritual logical in some way and I can't think of an explanation for this.
Back to top Go down
queenofinsanity6

PostSubject: Re: The Ritual Planning Thread   The Ritual Planning Thread EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 3:24 pm

Exactly how Shutter read it. There was no entity there, it revealed an absence. Don't worry, I've got this fluff figured out!
Back to top Go down
RutJob

PostSubject: Re: The Ritual Planning Thread   The Ritual Planning Thread EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 2:46 pm

Yeah, I think Shutter and Dawn have hit the nail on the head already with this plot arc: the Mirror Surveillance can reveal the effects an entity has, or the entity itself, and in this case it's the former. Em's consciousness is tied to an entity that is elsewhere, thus the mirror reflects her as being "not there." Sound logical?
Back to top Go down
mapp

mapp

PostSubject: Re: The Ritual Planning Thread   The Ritual Planning Thread EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 2:58 pm

RutJob wrote:
[...] the Mirror Surveillance can reveal the effects an entity has [...]

It does?
Back to top Go down
Nichtschwert

Nichtschwert

PostSubject: Re: The Ritual Planning Thread   The Ritual Planning Thread EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 2:58 pm

I was of the mind, that Mirror Surveillance only reveals invisible entities. I'm not opposed to rituals having unforeseen effects, but it needs to be somewhat coherent and in line with previously established logic.
Finding out what an entity does is what Search Out is usually for.
Back to top Go down
RutJob

PostSubject: Re: The Ritual Planning Thread   The Ritual Planning Thread EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 3:02 pm

Quote :
... It's is a good way to reveal whether there are incorporeal entities in the room, or are tied to it somehow. ...

I guess Mirror Surveillance doesn't exactly reveal effects, but my interpretation of that line was that things tied to incorporeal entities would reveal themselves in some way in the mirror and I think the results Dawn got hold with that.
Back to top Go down
queenofinsanity6

PostSubject: Re: The Ritual Planning Thread   The Ritual Planning Thread EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 3:06 pm

That was my logic when I told him to do that, yes. There's no entity in the room to show up, but there is some shenanigans caused because someone is tied to an entity. That tie is what is 'showing' by having her not show up.
Back to top Go down
Nichtschwert

Nichtschwert

PostSubject: Re: The Ritual Planning Thread   The Ritual Planning Thread EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 3:09 pm

Fair enough. Smile
Back to top Go down
RutJob

PostSubject: Re: The Ritual Planning Thread   The Ritual Planning Thread EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 3:13 pm

Yeah, sorry about the confusion. Hopefully that makes sense and clears things up? Smile
Back to top Go down
Nichtschwert

Nichtschwert

PostSubject: Re: The Ritual Planning Thread   The Ritual Planning Thread EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 3:22 pm

Yes, sure. °3Q
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ritual Planning Thread   The Ritual Planning Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Ritual Planning Thread
Page 1 of 1