Clock-Face and Looking-Glass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Paranormal Emergencies

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

why I'm here

Go down 
+2
OutofAmbit
Observer
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Observer

Observer

Date of Registration : 2012-12-06

why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: why I'm here   why I'm here EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 7:22 pm

...so I guess it makes sense to tell people about what brought me here. It's not a paranormal problem per se, but chances are it involves some.

There was a guy on the old Mirrorhands forums that I know...and he went missing, not long after people stopped posting over there. I'm sorry for not telling this right away, but I wanted to make sure first and see if anyone of you may actually be that person. Since that's not the case, here's what happened:

He disappeared from his dorm room, without any trace or word. Didn't take ANYthing with him, all of his stuff was still there including his pc, money, phone, all that stuff. The pc was actually running when people opened that room to search for him. Even his shoes were still there, as if he simply disappeared into thing air. After a few weeks police stopped actively searching for him. After a few months, people said he'd be gone.
Not long ago, I got ahold of his laptop, and checked all kinds of stuff. Browser history ultimately lead me to the Mirrorhands forums... you can guess the rest.
Tried to tell people about what he posted there, and they told me I'm nuts and should move on. There is no such thing as paranormal happenings, I am making things up because I don't want him to be ...well, dead. So...I'm here. I am well aware that he's probably gone, but in this case I still need to know what happened. I can't give up hope just yet.
Back to top Go down
OutofAmbit

OutofAmbit

why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: why I'm here   why I'm here EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 8:09 pm

Who are you looking for? Maybe Shutter or Deep1 might know something?
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

Date of Registration : 2012-12-05

why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: why I'm here   why I'm here EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 1:18 am

Yes, knowing the nick this person had in Mirrorhands would be very useful. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://lookatthetime.rpg-board.net
Observer

Observer

why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: why I'm here   why I'm here EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 3:23 am

Ugh...I keep forgetting the obviously important details >.<
He went under the name "Floater" there.
Back to top Go down
Deep1

Deep1

Date of Registration : 2012-12-08

why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: why I'm here   why I'm here EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 6:34 am

OutofAmbit wrote:
Who are you looking for? Maybe Shutter or Deep1 might know something?

The only thing I can think to do is go over the posts and try to deduct what paranormal threat might have been responsible, IF a paranormal event even was involved with his disappearance. It is rather likely but nowhere near guaranteed.
Back to top Go down
Observer

Observer

why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: why I'm here   why I'm here EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 7:26 am

From what I could gather, no one really knew what kind of "entity" he was talking about. Regardless, I would be unspeakably thankful if you'd have a look...

I'm currently trying to bruteforce a giant load of passworded data on his pc...it's the only clue I have as of now. And it doesn't help that he passworded quite literally everything on his hard drive.

I could go and search through his old dorm room once more, but I think I did that a thousand times already...
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: why I'm here   why I'm here EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 7:44 am

Did you do it before with the paranormal in mind? And the password? Sometimes, looking at the same room from another angle can change what you find immensely. For example, knowing that you're out to see if you can find some paranormal clues, maybe there will be a small object or even just symbol that might make more sense to you than before. Try looking for salt and agate, the two most vital ingredients in every attempt of protection from the paranormal. Look where you find them, or strange symbols. Likewise, see what things he likes or is a fan of. See if you can find things that were important to him. His passwords might be connected to those. And with the passwords, you may hold the key to more information in your hands.
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: why I'm here   why I'm here EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 8:15 am

I remember Floater. Will read into his topic again. Try Search out or Mirror Surviellance in his old room.
Back to top Go down
Observer

Observer

why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: why I'm here   why I'm here EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 9:16 am

RedQueen wrote:
[...]the password? Sometimes, looking at the same room from another angle can change what you find immensely.
Make that passwordS. That backfluff never used the same one twice, I have no clue how he could remember hundreds of thousands of passwords and the respective data names. It's not that hard to guess many of them if you happen to know him and his stuff, but it takes ages...

I will have another look though...there might be stuff that I didn't see because I wasn't exactly looking for it.

Shutter wrote:
Try Search out or Mirror Surviellance in his old room.
I...am not all that sure if I can manage that... it sounds awfully dangerous. I guess I'll consider it if looking "normally" doesn't help...
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: why I'm here   why I'm here EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 10:16 am

Aw come on ,man up a bit! If you want to find out what happened you'll have to do what's neccesary!
Back to top Go down
Deep1

Deep1

why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: why I'm here   why I'm here EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 10:24 am

Well if it sounds dangerous that's just because it is. If you get more seasoned like shutter, you'll do it routinely anyway and I gotta say: The sooner you get used to this kind of stuff, the better.

Have you ever seen anything decidedly paranormal? Chances are, you can't. These rituals probably won't help us find that out, but as long as you are incapable, having the materials for proper protection around is critical.
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: why I'm here   why I'm here EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 10:27 am

Ugly truth is that once paranormal things got an interest in you it would be actually more dangerous to not know this stuff.
Welcome in the business ,lady I have the hugest crush on! cheers
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: why I'm here   why I'm here EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 10:29 am

Shutter wrote:
Welcome in the business ,lady I have the hugest crush on! cheers

I do love me my auto-censor. Naughty boy.

But he is right nontheless. Once your eyes have been opened to the paranormal world, ignorance stops being bliss and starts being dangerous.
Back to top Go down
OutofAmbit

OutofAmbit

why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: why I'm here   why I'm here EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 10:38 am

I'd have to agree. The surveillance isn't /that/ bad. Just painful.
Back to top Go down
Observer

Observer

why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: why I'm here   why I'm here EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 4:12 am

So...I went to that room again, last night...
It's a bit uncomfortable going there, have some background why:
Not too long before his dissappearance I... kinda sorta stole the second key for that dorm room. I don't really know why...maybe I'm a bit obsessive at times... well yeah and after people searched his room they found only one key, and assumes HE would have taken the second one. So renting that room out again wasn't really an option, as there was supposedly a guy out there with the second key to it. I think at least half of the rooms there are unused at the moment, and they're kinda tight on cash so they didn't replace the lock yet. This means I can "visit" freely, but it would be best if no one saw me entering that specific room...thus I tend to sneak in at night...

And sadly, I don't think I found anything this time either... maybe stuff got lost when we moved all his things out of there, but I somewhat remember most of the belongings we found back then, and there was nothing that could hint at some kind of ritual like an agate-stone or anything. There MAY have been a grain of salt or two, but it's really hard to tell from just one grain. No symbols, not even under the bed...
...and then I fell asleep and woke up very late and had to sneak out of the unused part of that building >.<

If I keep finding totally useless stuff on his hard drive, I'll consider this mirror surveillance or search out thing...
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: why I'm here   why I'm here EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:53 am

.... Would you please be so kind and explain that second last line to us ,dear madam?
Back to top Go down
Deep1

Deep1

why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: why I'm here   why I'm here EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 7:30 am

Are you sure you fell asleep? Floater mentioned losing time and described weird temporal distortions, which might have been the result of a mental attack. Did you lie down and fall asleep or did you suddenly wake up without ever going to sleep? This is important.
Back to top Go down
Observer

Observer

why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: why I'm here   why I'm here EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 8:46 am

I...I'm pretty sure I just fell asleep... It wouldn't be the first time and it kinda makes sense, regarding it was probably somewhere around 4 or 5 am and I was rather tired to begin with ._.
The only accidental thing about it is how I forgot to set an alarm... and sneaking around in a section of some dorm where no one lives is somewhat suspicious, thus the need to be unseen ^^''
Back to top Go down
Deep1

Deep1

why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: why I'm here   why I'm here EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 1:21 pm

That's a relief, then.
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: why I'm here   why I'm here EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 8:52 pm

Holy F-UCKING BATSHITE!!
Deep you actually are relieved by THAT?! What ,are you getting that gullible now? Falling asleep in a place where one should not be ,researching some weird fluff by doing something that would be a BIT hard to explain to the security guards when they find you - and then FALLING ASLEEP JUST LIKE THAT?! Thats not a relief at all and by the way the easterbunny is not real either!

Observer ,you better tell me that your a narcoleptic or remember going to sleep there of your own free will and conscouisly or I'll have no other choise than handing out a premature Darwin Award to you!
I mean godDAMNit guys! Really?!
Back to top Go down
Deep1

Deep1

why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: why I'm here   why I'm here EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 12:26 am

Sometimes people get really, really tired, Shutter. And if you can't trust Observer with their own life, then who CAN you trust? Blagh, I'm way tired myself. Sometimes you just rest your bloody head for a second and BAM you fell asleep. I'm inclined to believe Observer and trust that they will give us all the information we need to keep them safe when asked.
Back to top Go down
Observer

Observer

why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: why I'm here   why I'm here EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 4:00 am

Deep1 wrote:
Sometimes you just rest your bloody head for a second and BAM you fell asleep.

pretty much what happened ó.ò''
I did lie down on my own, I did close my eyes intentionally, I just happened to miss setting an alarm...
I've been sleeping in this room a few times now, with the door locked and everything...and nothing ever happened. Don't think any guard would make an effort to open some random room where no one lives at night...
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

Date of Registration : 2012-12-07

why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: why I'm here   why I'm here EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 4:46 am

I'm sorry to butt in on your convo here but did you dream of something??
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: why I'm here   why I'm here EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 7:18 am

...I can't believe you guys...

Taking a smoke now.
Back to top Go down
OutofAmbit

OutofAmbit

why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: why I'm here   why I'm here EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 11:32 am

Observer, you should probably be a bit more careful in the future. It would be pretty disastrous if someone caught you there-and they'd catch you if a guard passed by while your alarm was going off! Loud noises where there shouldn't be any are a fantastic way to get caught doing something you shouldn't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: why I'm here   why I'm here Empty

Back to top Go down

why I'm here
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clock-Face and Looking-Glass :: LookAtTheTime.com :: Research and Information-
Jump to: