Clock-Face and Looking-Glass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Paranormal Emergencies

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

at my wit's end already

Go down 
+4
RedQueen
Shutter
Noah_
MatterOfTime
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Deep1

Deep1

Date of Registration : 2012-12-08

at my wit's end already - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:49 am

I would like you to tell us about the child that went missing. Would you say they were well-behaved? Did they like to take long walks? Are you by chance living in Great Britain or Ireland?
In case you wonder why I'm asking these questions, I am trying to see if your child might have been taken by, and this is gonna sound stupid, the fair folk.
It would seem that the old tales of changelings, sidhe and the courts of the fairies have a basis in paranormal reality, as there seem to have been great amounts of weird, nature-related, partially logical paranormal entities that were unhealthily interested in humans.
Back to top Go down
MatterOfTime

Date of Registration : 2013-01-27

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:49 am

are you fucking kidding me
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

Date of Registration : 2012-12-05

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 12:54 pm

Says who. The Lady who just coincidentally overestimated the volume of her own stomach in exactly the right way to achieve a specific number on the receipt? By accident?

One of the first things one must learn when dealing with the paranormal is that every legend and myth might have roots in an unpleasant reality. Just read the SMILE topic in the entity forum.

Anyway, as a precaution - just in case - I would like everyone to stop bringing up that number for now. You can talk about it, but please don't write it. Use "the number" instead, I'm going to add it to the filter later, this is exactly why I got used to it in the first place.

Because, Matter, I did notice that you constantly bring up the number in this thread. Did you notice that you write it down every single time, rarely referring to it with another word? Might just be paranoia, but better safe than sorry.
Back to top Go down
https://lookatthetime.rpg-board.net
MatterOfTime

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 1:00 pm

right, you are the experts after all.

fine, i'll play. he was reasonably well-behaved for a boy his age (read: not particularly). he usually stayed indoors unless i bribed him to stay outside for an hour with candy and i suppose it won't give away too much if i tell you that i am indeed living in the described area.
so yes, theoretically, tinkerbell could have snatched my son. does that have anything to do with the the number, though?
Back to top Go down
Deep1

Deep1

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 1:04 pm

You did it again.

Not Tinkerbell. More like the unseelie. Think uncanny things that see people as toys or game. I think they rarely take people from very urbanised areas, so it's probably not the right trail.
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

Date of Registration : 2012-12-07

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 1:21 pm

I've been kinda thinking about this cos 83 is also numbers but it's also a smiley. So the way I use it, it's more of a symbol! 83
So you could maybe look out if you notice things that look similar to the number but in a different context! Like... if you wrote "be" in all-caps and flipped it around, you'd get the number, or the symbol, whatever! :0
Is there maybe something like a reverse Conceptual Corruption?? Instead of corrupting a certain aspect, it corrupts various aspects into the same representation of something?? 80c
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 1:48 pm

Thanks, Deep. Matter, this really starts to look like an almost obsessive quirk by now. You seem to mention it more and more often. Please try to keep in mind what I told you earlier - even is the number might not be the problem by itself, it might be a gateway into your head. Try to think and talk abouzt it less.
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

Date of Registration : 2012-12-06

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:07 pm

StayingSane wrote:
RQ here is right about approaching mental illness with direct questions like that. no offense Shutter but it don't work like that, to justgo straight for the direct question. If someone's mentally ill they don't respond well to the implication that they are infact mentally ill. you gotta be fucking delicate. i know from experience.

as to the problem of the number 38, it sounds particulaly interesting but I've got nothin. I could do research with the rest of ya, see what I turn up.

Why delicate? When I ask someone about this and he start ranting about it and threathens to set my car on fire the question is also kind of answered ,yes? We don't have time for long-term psychological analysis ,we are already busy banishing some paranormal bastards.

Edit: Okay guys how about we come down a bit? I mean really? A fucking antichrist number?That can't be right. Every house with that number would be haunted then! Kids and Teachers would go crazy and begin scratching out their eyeballs during math classes! There would be OBVIOUS SIGNS! It can't be the number itself or matter wouldn't be the only one affected. The number is either an effect of a totally different cause messing with minds or this only works in corelation with some other aspect of this we don't know yet. However there should be some ways to counter this.
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 3:25 pm

Yeah, just like the existence of SMILE entities means that EVERY wish is lethal.
The number piling up might be a symptom of an entity. It might be a phenomenon by itself. It might be a tool used by whatever is happening to achieve something. The point is that we do not know yet, and as long as we don't, we should at least not let it pile up.

EDIT: ...the filter rejects the number.
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 5:24 pm

Oh Shutterrr, calm your lens! <3 This is whyyy I suggested reverse corruption cos that would mean that this symbol is trying to show up everywhere instead of the symbol being the probleeeemmm!! D:

RQ: What do you mean rejects, like you can't establish a filter on it??
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 4:26 am

Exactly that, Noah. No matter how often I try to enter it into the filter, it just does not appear on the list. The error message is all garbled up, too.
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 7:13 am

Okay, that sounds really weird and I'm pretty sure forum software isn't supposed to do that!! D:
Is it possible that a Corruption goes both ways?? :/ I mean it's just a theory but I wonder... let's say things get corrupted towards that symbol, and that symbol corrupts its surroundings... that would be like a self-fulfilling prophecy!! D:
Maybe something about MoT is the source if they are the only one in their immediate surroundings that has issues with this symbols... hm...
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 11:49 am

According to the forum MoT has his/her birthday today...
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 4:15 pm

She does! Happy Birthday, MoT!

Although I could have sworn that your age looked different when it was announced?
Back to top Go down
MatterOfTime

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 6:17 am

yesterday was my birthday, wasn't it?
funny, because i don't remember a thing. my fridge is empty, too. this is getting really freaky.
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 12:00 pm

What is the last thing you remember?
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 2:24 pm

have you sensed the smell of candy at some point?
Back to top Go down
MatterOfTime

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 2:26 pm

i remember going to bed. and no candy smell.
apparently i went to work as usual and i even went to get even more groceries. I found a receipt. and yet they are all gone. someone's been eating my food.
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 5:24 am

Well this points towards a kind of possession..? But why would it do that... :?
You haven't had a very detailed, reoccurring dream lately, have you? :000 Have you tried hanging around in your Trap Room yet? I'm not sure how attuned you are to the paranormal but I'm pretty sure if there's something influencing you, you should find traces there! D:

(PS: Maybe you should fix your age??? I'm kinda sure your age looked way different before...)
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 11:39 am

Definitely look into the "Snap out of Possession" thread and heed the advice in there. It is very, very helpful.
Another good idea is to start jotting down what you do in short intervals. It can quickly happen that you start losing time - maybe you have been missing smaller amounts before already. Keeping a protocol of what you do might help to find that out.
Back to top Go down
MatterOfTime

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 9:32 am

yes, my age is fixed now and i did make a habit of doing snap out stuff. in fact, i actually had an old lullaby stuck in my around the time this all started to get weird. i think it's working. for example i found myself preparng two helpings of casserole yesterday. two plates for one person and as far as i know i haven't gained any weight. so apparently i am possessed and feeding someone else. i searched the whole flat. couldn't find anybody or even traces of someone else living in my house. also know a certain when i can rememebr when exactly i started losing time. i sang the lullaby over and over and counted along. when i was about to reach the number, i bLACKED OUT:
Back to top Go down
OutofAmbit

OutofAmbit

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 11:05 am

What is the old lullaby you were singing? That might help us figure this out.
Back to top Go down
MatterOfTime

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 7:57 am

mama's gonna buy you a mockingbird
oh and the dream thing, well i can't go lucid. doesn't go that fast. i can't remember dreaming anything lately, at all. today i just switched the lullaby to twinkle twinkle little star before reaching the number.
Back to top Go down
Deep1

Deep1

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 8:00 am

Bloody hell, are you even trying, MatterOfTime? I had to edit your posts again!

Okay, so apparently something is doing something with your mind. I think it's weird that Search out didn't show you as possessed, though. maybe it's something different after all.
Whatever you're feeding there, apparently comes to your house to be fed and then leaves again, right? Might still be a fairy. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 10:58 am

I am starting to run out of ideas, but maybe a location change would be a good idea? Ask for some days off, go visit a nice place somewhere else in the country. Just avoid the number when you choose where you will stay and make sure that you'll have a lifeline (like someone close to you checking on you at least daily with a call). It would suffice to get out for a weekend for now, just to test if it helps in any way - then we can react depending on wether it works or not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: at my wit's end already   at my wit's end already - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

at my wit's end already
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clock-Face and Looking-Glass :: LookAtTheTime.com :: Research and Information-
Jump to: