Clock-Face and Looking-Glass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Paranormal Emergencies

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shutter

Shutter

Date of Registration : 2012-12-06

supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom Empty
PostSubject: supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom   supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 9:35 am

Alright ,this forum is about sharing intel so I think I wouldn't hurt when I'll ask you if you know something about this before i waste another week on investigation.

They told me to do some recherche on a new article about some guy who got eaten by his pet rats last week. And with 'eaten' ,I mean all the way to the effing bones. Surprinsingly the guy hadn't much of a social life and suffered an heart attack in his flat .He kept like 20 of these pet rodents ,which one day escaped their three different cages and ate the corpse before leaving the place. At least that's what the police tried to sell us Neutral

I found out that the autopsy indicated that he was very much alive when the rat attack happened and there are some signs of paranormal fallout in his flat. So the story changes to more that a dozen rats breaking out of their cages simultaneously before attacking their keeper and fleeing the scene. Police of course closed the case because there was no evidence for a crime.

I tried to find out what kind of evil I am facing here but until now this doesn't seem like any entity I ever saw. So guys. do you have any ideas what this could be?
Back to top Go down
Deep1

Deep1

Date of Registration : 2012-12-08

PostSubject: Re: supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom   supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 10:33 am

Ever heard of rat kings?
>>Click<<
Imagine a bunch of rats kinda intertwining their tails being unable to come apart. Over time this knot solidifies as blood, excrement and other noisome stuff forms a hard shell around it. This can happen when rats are kept together in small confines. Now I don't know if that is at all what happened there, but these things have been traditionally attributed paranormal properties. They are bad omens, harbingers of disease and death. I think someone had to deal with an actual paranormal rat king in the old forum. Something about rats in the walls and people dying like flies around the place.
Gonna try to dig that up. Might be this. Might be something completely different.
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

PostSubject: Re: supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom   supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 8:01 am

Of course!
Argh how could I've been so blind to something so obvious? Especially since the Rat King is a mostly german legend...
Do you have any intel on this? We had no Rat Kings here since the medieval ages and my sources are not older than 200-300 years.
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

Date of Registration : 2012-12-05

PostSubject: Re: supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom   supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 1:29 pm

I've been digging a bit and I could find some information about them.

Apparently Rat Kings possess telepathic powers. They can communicate with other rats in their vicinity, their reach growing with their own size. This goes further than only communicating with rats though - they can actually control them. And they use these powers to lure other rats closer and assimilate them. Of course, since that in turn increases their reach, the more rats they assimilate, the more new rats they reach and assimilate.

But that's not even the bad news.

The bad news is that a Rat King, when increasing their influence, starts to be able to reach out to mammals of other kinds too.

Apparently a connection to these other mammals is necessary. Cats are often the first victims, as many rats get infected with a parasite that makes them less fearful or actually drawn to cats. Dogs come next, as soon as a random rat who's been injured by a playful dog once has been assimilate. Which means that pet rats held by a human being are a very, very bad sign. The power starts to manifest in several things: An increase of intelligence proportional or exponential to the amount and intelligence of assimilated beings, then all creatures concerned of the ability start hearing a manyfold whispering in their head when they come into reach, and eventually this whispering will manifest as control over their mind.

Still, the Rat King might not be able to control people yet. If there are no reports of many vermins in the area, it might still be weak and young. Also, the further a creature is away from them, the weaker the pull is. The story of the Piper of Hamelin is based on an incident that involved a Rat King - first it pulled away the rats that plagued the city, then other critters, pets and finally children. Not sure what stopped it though, but the Piper might be the key to how to treat a RK.

The only good news are that it can't move. At least not in the early-ish stages. Not sure what will happen once it acquired the mental capacity to coordinate a vast amount of legs though. The earlier a Rat King is found and treated, the better and more harmless the task is. If you take it upon yourself though - follow the rats to find it, and turn back if you hear a whisper in your head! If it really is a Rat King, and powerful enough to control people already... we'll have to figure out something else.

Good grief, I'm tired.
Back to top Go down
https://lookatthetime.rpg-board.net
Deep1

Deep1

PostSubject: Re: supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom   supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 3:48 pm

Um. Wow. That's a load of information right there. I didn't find that much, but yes, some kind of mental threat appears to be tied to it. Where'd you get that info, Queenie?
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

PostSubject: Re: supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom   supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 4:24 pm

I have been digging into pretty much every single thing I could find about the paranormal, mythology and urban legends since I created this forum. Pretty much just needed to pull up what I had already found earlier and to compile the most important and congruent things. Smile
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

PostSubject: Re: supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom   supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 8:18 pm

That is actually impressive Neutral
You're sure you are not related to someone from the old forum or being actually one yourself? It seems all the rage now >.>

However if the rat King is an corporeal Entity I guess the easiest way to get rid of it might be to kill it ,right?
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

PostSubject: Re: supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom   supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 9:47 pm

Probably, but you'll have to kill of the core, and that means you need to get through everything outside of the core. Plus angry rodents attacking from everywhere after following the pull. Do not go without some kind of armor.

And no, I am not related to anyone of the forum, I apologise for the combo breaker. Wink
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

PostSubject: Re: supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom   supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 9:58 pm

Oh thats okay ,I guess...

It would be actually refreshing to face something I can just kill with normal weapons. pirat

I'd say that according to the stoy you told the rats escaping from their cages are not the Rat King itself ,but only other thralls infected by it. So I guess that thing will be hiding in vicinity of the apartment. Finding out its whereabouts will only be a matter of investigation ,then.
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

PostSubject: Re: supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom   supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:32 pm

Exactly. And I will look into the thing with the Piper of Hamelin more. Sources point to the possibility that the piper existed, but played a different role in the story than implied by the fairy tale. Maybe he did know a way to influence the Rat King though.
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

PostSubject: Re: supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom   supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:23 pm

I found out that during the last month vermin exterminator were called to the city district significantly more often then normally. Do you know something about the growth behaviour of these things? Maybe we can estimate how big it is now.
Back to top Go down
Deep1

Deep1

PostSubject: Re: supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom   supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:40 pm

That sounds like one hell of a situation.
I just found a disturbing post about a particularly large rat king. Apparently the poster spotted it at a distance, as it slithered out of a manhole. let me quote the interesting part:
Quote :
it was a peculiarly shaped mass of dirty brown, writhing rats about half as big as an SUV. Strung-together lumps of the vermin were acting as limbs, which formed just as spontaneously as they disappeared back into it. You could imagine it as a loathsome kraken if a kraken could lose and reform arms at will. As soon as it had cimbed out of the manhole, it was pushed up even further by a large swarm of rats that carried it off down the street.
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

PostSubject: Re: supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom   supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 10:39 am

Don't know ,I had bigger problems than rats... But it seems as if this thing noticed me somehow. At least that's what I guess regarding the two dead rats I found in my apartment this morning. Didn't get past Schrödinger ,however.
Saves me the food for him too o.ô
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

PostSubject: Re: supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom   supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 4:39 pm

Schrödinger?

Oh... wait...

You've been talking about having a cat -

Did you name your cat Schrödinger??
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

PostSubject: Re: supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom   supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 6:33 pm

....Yes? Is that of matter now?
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

PostSubject: Re: supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom   supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 7:00 pm

...It just seems like an awful name for a cat is all.

Anyway... I've been researching the fairy tale of the Piper more thouroughly, and actually found something.

You might know how many animals, like dogs and cats, react to frequencies that humans cannot hear, or react differently than us to frequencies that we are used to.

Apparently, this effect can also be used on a Rat King to get close to it. There are some melodic sequences that, played on a flute, disturb the telepathic abilities of the Rat King. The least it does is weakening its influence on you, but if it's still very "young", it might even lose control over some of the beings it absorbed up to that point. Makeshift limbs may fall apart, single animals might escape, the whole shape can become jittery and the Mind can't hop anymore since it needs to focus all its resources on keeping itself together.

In the times when rats were an even more widespread problem than nowadays, the job of a Piper was actually not that uncommon, with many smaller groups that seem to have been families or small guilds. These groups passed down specific songs as their trade secrets, but sadly they also hid many of those away from everyone outside of their groups. Apparently, the specific order of notes is very important to the effect of the melody. Some groups could defeat Rat Kings more effectively than others by using melodies that affected them slightly differently. The Pipers actually often acted in groups, with at least two of them playing the melody while the rest actually slayed the Rat King.

Since the profession of a Piper was so highly protected and the trade secrets so well-guarded, it's really difficult to hunt down the melodies though. If anyone has them, then a descendant of medieval Pipers. And even then, it's doubtful if they have a music sheet. If they do, it's likely to be mostly unusable due to the long time, if they don't, chances are that no one in the family remembers the melody anymore.

But at least I found out that the Pipers preferred traversos. Which are hard to come by nowadays, I think. :< They are like wooden versions of modern concert flutes.
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

PostSubject: Re: supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom   supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 7:13 pm

Argh. Damn these secret associations and they secretivity!
Tracking one of these or their descendants down will be one hell of a job!
Back to top Go down
Deep1

Deep1

PostSubject: Re: supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom   supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 6:01 am

What's the status on the rats?
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

PostSubject: Re: supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom   supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:03 pm

Found a guy who builds and collects these pipe things. He also may or may not know something about this secret melody but is too much of a stubborn old fart to spill it yet....
Back to top Go down
Vamphunter69

Date of Registration : 2013-02-16

PostSubject: Re: supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom   supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 2:19 pm

Hello Shutter my dear friend. Its Jaija!
You seem to not be available at the mobile phone so I took the liberty to report via this forum you was always talking about. As planned I came to Berlin with my colleagues and we are currently tracking down that rat king you wanted us to take care of while you are wherever you are now.
I wonder why you did not ask me about it from the beginning. You should know that I knew enough people to get a piper easily. And the professional fee is not even that high for my dear friends. Smile

PS: Your domicile is a bit rodent-infested but we will take care of this too. Oh ,and we didn't find Schrödinger anywhere. Did you take him with you?
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

PostSubject: Re: supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom   supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 4:34 am

Alright ,update time!

Kent area problems are solved ,the rat king is taken care of too. Jaija took care of it while I was gone. there are not much new insight on this Entity besides the fact that it seems to act highly territorial and hostile towards other supernatural beings or supernatural polluted Ritualists.
Oh and the memory bombs work as some kind of distraction when dealing with these things supposedly.
Jaija departed yesterday ,dunno when we will hear from him again.
He told me to greet you however
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom   supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom Empty

Back to top Go down

supernatural rodent ,need a bigger broom
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clock-Face and Looking-Glass :: LookAtTheTime.com :: Research and Information-
Jump to: