Clock-Face and Looking-Glass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Paranormal Emergencies

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mystery Forest

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Noah_

Noah_

Date of Registration : 2012-12-07

Mystery Forest Empty
PostSubject: Mystery Forest   Mystery Forest EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 1:29 pm

Edit by RedQueen: Warning! This is a forbidden ritual! For the reasons, please look into the according thread.

I found something. But it's not complete and I can't place it either! :?

You need a big forest at night and get lost in it. Search around until you find a tree where the growth reminds you of a face. That's your starting point!
Get out salt, wool or classic breadcrumbs - something bright to leave a trace behind, which you will do from now on! {Do X steps in the direction the face appears to be looking, then turn left and do Y steps. Even if you should run into a tree, you won't! You will stop in front of a tree with some bark torn off, use a piece of coal(?) to draw a face on it. I think it should look similar to the first tree-face...}
Do everything I put in curly braces again but this time turn to the right!
Do it again but turn to the left again!
Do it again, turning right, but this time you'll arrive in front of the first tree even if that doesn't make sense from a spatial standpoint! Last step of the ritual: Whisper a secret to the face(??), turn around and retrace your steps, looking at the ground, not at the faces! :I

Sound familiar?
Back to top Go down
Deep1

Deep1

Date of Registration : 2012-12-08

Mystery Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery Forest   Mystery Forest EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 1:37 pm

Actually yes, which is why I quickly edited out the actual numbers.
Now, I'm not sure what exactly was up with this ritual, because it has been a while since I heard about it, but I think it had something to do with transporting you to an impossibly huge forest that was impossible not to get lost in. It was dangerous, too and I don't know the ritual that gets you back out of there. maybe Shutter knows more about it and I'll definitely dig through my notes to see what I can find.
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

Mystery Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery Forest   Mystery Forest EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 11:33 am

There must be something worthwhile in that forest...

Do you think a Corridor of Darkness only works with blueprints? You could dig out a room in the forest. :?
Back to top Go down
Deep1

Deep1

Mystery Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery Forest   Mystery Forest EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 1:47 pm

Yeah there probably is something in the forest. But I doubt it's worth the risk. The immense, horrible risk. Apparently, lots of people who attempted this ritual have later been found dead, with claw- and bite marks. Some even in several places, torn apart. So there's at least predators in there. And probably not of the perfectly normal kind.

And i don't see why you'd dig out a hole in the forest for a corridor in Darkness. That sounds like a lot of work to do, when there's lots of perfectly serviceable rooms with concrete walls.
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

Mystery Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery Forest   Mystery Forest EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 2:03 pm

Deep1 wrote:
And i don't see why you'd dig out a hole in the forest for a corridor in Darkness. That sounds like a lot of work to do, when there's lots of perfectly serviceable rooms with concrete walls.

Eh, just a suggestion for getting out again!
Back to top Go down
Deep1

Deep1

Mystery Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery Forest   Mystery Forest EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 2:11 pm

Oh.
Well you'd probably map this thing out somehow. That might actually be a way to do it. Still sounds foolhardy.
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

Date of Registration : 2012-12-06

Mystery Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery Forest   Mystery Forest EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 12:33 am

Ohhh ,this thing.
I'd leave this shiyte alone if I were you. The ritual is supposed to hide a secret as far as I know. Whatever you tell the trees is something that no one will come up with for themselves ever again unless you yourself give it away. Theoretically you can use this to cover up crimes and that stuff but as Deep suggests it is highly dangerous because it will lead you throught places not from this world and unlike the Corridor in Darkness ,this thing has nothing similar to a protected path.

Last edited by Shutter on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Deep1

Deep1

Mystery Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery Forest   Mystery Forest EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 3:21 am

So I suppose, it drops you back into the real world after you told your secrets, then? I must say, now it doesn't sound THAT bad anymore. I mean it's still dangerous as all hell, but you could use it to protect your screaming wish, which would be incredibly useful if your screaming wish is something that people might notice right away.
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

Mystery Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery Forest   Mystery Forest EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 7:46 am

Interesting idea but I guess its not that easy. I don't exactly know the nature of the downsides and I was told that the woods will get more dangerous as you tell it bigger secrets. Don't know if the secrets take form and start hunting in these haunted woods or if the woods grow stronger and bigger and more hostile with each secret.
All I know is that the risk seems to be variating like crazy and this rubs me the wrong way. I don't want to see anybody pull this off without our knowledge and confirmation. Maybe we should hide most of the more dangerous rituals before some newcomers get themselves into trouble with them? All these old-new Rituals Noah_ dug out remember me of the old forums. In motherf-cking a bad way!
Back to top Go down
HopelessHarmony

HopelessHarmony

Mystery Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery Forest   Mystery Forest EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 12:18 pm

Boy, you could use this to make a lot of money.
Its basically like the patent system except even better.
Probably not worth risking my life to become a mil/billionaire though
Back to top Go down
Deep1

Deep1

Mystery Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery Forest   Mystery Forest EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 1:14 pm

Well we defuse them. And maybe we should move them to the forbidden rituals thread.

@HopelessHarmony: Ew. Capitalism.
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

Date of Registration : 2012-12-05

Mystery Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery Forest   Mystery Forest EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 1:33 pm

Done and done. I will also add a small warning to the first posts each - I might create a small archive for the whole threads to keep the discussion apart from the actually necessary information.
Back to top Go down
https://lookatthetime.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

Mystery Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery Forest   Mystery Forest Empty

Back to top Go down

Mystery Forest
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clock-Face and Looking-Glass :: LookAtTheTime.com :: Rituals-
Jump to: