Clock-Face and Looking-Glass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Paranormal Emergencies

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Completely Normal Helpful Things

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

Date of Registration : 2012-12-05

Completely Normal Helpful Things Empty
PostSubject: Completely Normal Helpful Things   Completely Normal Helpful Things EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 2:38 am

I figured that since I am not very knowledgeable on the paranormal side, I could help you all out with some very normal recipes and tips to balance out some side-effects. After all there are two sides to most old spiritual practices - one is the supernatural one, the right use of connections to the paranormal realm. But the other one is using some completely natural and mundane things for healing and supporting.

Maybe working with herbs and the like is a good idea to deal with some of the things paranormal entities and rituals do to mess with us. So share your knowledge!

To begin myself: I see that many rituals seem to cause headaches and sensory overload of some kind. My recommendation is to go looking for fresh yarrow outside (might be difficult in winter, but you can prepare during summers by putting some fresh plants into the freezer) and to make a tea out of it. For that, pluck the blossoms off the trunks and pour boiling hot water over about 1-2 tea spoons of blossoms for one cup of tea. Let it sit covered for about 5 minutes, then fish out the blossoms and drink. It's got a slightly bittersweet natural taste, but you can sweeten it with honey if that's not enough for you. I would recommend using white sugar only as a last resort when it comes to sweetening the tea, as white sugar encourages headaches more likely than it helps.
Yarrow tea is great with stomach aches and the like as well - but don't sweeten it with anything but honey if you're using it against those.
Best taken in doses of 2-4 cups per day.
Yarrow is a common and quick-growing herb, so you should find it easily wherever plants grow.

Completely Normal Helpful Things Schafgarbe

And then there is camomile tea. As far as I know, not half as popular in the States as it is in Germany, but a real universal life saver. You're more likely to find it in every supermarket and pharmacy on the globe and it helps with almost everything - from slightly soothing pains and aches to strengthening the immune system. It is best with nursing infections and cramps of any kind, because the plant has a natural antibacterial and also relaxing and soothing effect. You can even use it to clean wounds a bit or to wash your face with it if you have a tendency to get zits a lot (in both cases, rinse with clear water afterwards of course).
If you want the best out of the effect of camomile tea, try to get your hands on fresh camomile blossoms. Some pharmacies sell them, and you can usually find camomile almost everywhere outside.
To my knowledge, camomile tea should be made with boiling water, and should be let sit for about 10 minutes (again with the cup being covered) before removing the teabag or blossoms and drinking it. Can be sweetened with anything despite the naturally pretty neutral taste, but again - white sugar is generally less good for a strained body than honey or brown sugar.
The camomile plant is rarer than yarrow, and it's easy to mix it up with daisies because of the similar blossoms. But if you pay attention to the leaves, you will probably quickly pick the right flowers.

Completely Normal Helpful Things 452px-Matricaria_recutita_-_K%C3%B6hler%E2%80%93s_Medizinal-Pflanzen-091

Things to avoid when nursing a headache:
Coffee, alcohol, fast food, cigarettes and everything that contains white sugar have a tendency to make headaches and sensory overloads worse. The same goes for red meat (read: Pork and Beef).
Good substitutes are black tea for coffee, easy dishes like fried potatoes instead of fast food and white meat like chicken, duck and turkey instead of red meat. I heard that deer, rabbit, bunny and boar are also good replacements for beef and pork, and somewhat closer to the taste. For the sweet tooth you can choose sweets made with honey (look especially for Turkish, Russian and Indian desserts, those often use honey for sweetening), which is not that hard on the nerves. I've got nothing for cigarettes and alcohol though, except maybe electronic cigarettes for the former - but those would be a permament decision, and are not perfect for everyone.

When I talk of white sugar, that includes pretty much every drink avaiable at stores that is not bottled water! Even juices tend to have way too much sugar in them!

Things to avoid when nursing stomach problems:
Again, coffee, alcohol, white sugar and fast food. Also, definitely hot and spicy dishes, no matter how much you love yourself a chili.
Black tea as a substitute for coffee still stands, although it should be taken in smaller doses. Try to eat more fresh and simple soups (easy to digest) and rusk to soothe your stomach.

None of these things are lifestyle advice. They are just meant as little helps for cases of mean ouchies.
Back to top Go down
https://lookatthetime.rpg-board.net
OutofAmbit

OutofAmbit

Date of Registration : 2012-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Completely Normal Helpful Things   Completely Normal Helpful Things EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 11:22 am

I'm not entirely certain yarrow grows over here. I'll look into it.
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

Date of Registration : 2012-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Completely Normal Helpful Things   Completely Normal Helpful Things EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 2:35 pm

According to Wikipedia it's very common everywhere on the globe, safe for Mediterranean places. Smile You should find it easily in meadows, close to paths, and on fields where animal herds live or crops grow. So... pretty much everywhere where there is grass.
Back to top Go down
https://lookatthetime.rpg-board.net
OutofAmbit

OutofAmbit

PostSubject: Re: Completely Normal Helpful Things   Completely Normal Helpful Things EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 5:00 pm

I'll go looking for it over the holiday, then. That sounds outrageously useful.
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

PostSubject: Re: Completely Normal Helpful Things   Completely Normal Helpful Things EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 8:19 am

Wow ,how could I could I have forgotten to mention this?

Take a day off!

It is really important to your psyche to have some free time every couple of month. Especially when you deal with tentacle-flinging monsters from the darkness beyond the stars. Grief and despair take up a lot of time for people like us ,therefore a day out at the beach can really help you to get through it. Even if is just needed for treasuring and flining it right into the face of a Methusalem!

Keep a healthy amount of contact to other people!

Normal people are gold when it comes to indicating if you're still ticking or not. There will be times in your live when you might be affected by an entity without knowing it and people knwing you can then help you to realise this. It will also help you to let go of some things. Of course this doesn't mean that you should tell everybody that you dispersed a bodywalker last wee and have three to go! Keep your secrets ,keep it at at the level of a chess-buddy or your awkwardly nice english teacher. Talk with them ,but don't invite them into your home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Completely Normal Helpful Things   Completely Normal Helpful Things Empty

Back to top Go down

Completely Normal Helpful Things
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clock-Face and Looking-Glass :: LookAtTheTime.com :: Research and Information-
Jump to: