Clock-Face and Looking-Glass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Paranormal Emergencies

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rules on Roleplaying

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Broeckchen
Admin

Date of Registration : 2012-12-06

Rules on Roleplaying Empty
PostSubject: Rules on Roleplaying   Rules on Roleplaying EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 7:00 am

Character Accounts
- While (contrary to Mirrorhands) not mandatory, character accounts are highly recommended. They not only keep things neat and tidy but also help you keeping track of what's ingame and out of game.
- Only post in the ingame forum with your Character Account. Player accounts that formerly doubled as character accounts of now dead characters are not allowed to post in the in-universe forum anymore!
- Every post of your character account must be in character!
- If your character doesn't adhere to the rules of the ingame forum, admin-characters might ban them for some time. This usually doesn't have any effect on your Player Account.
- You may have several character accounts at the same time, but every one must be applied for seperately. They also have to be seperate accounts. Getting approval for your applications might become more difficult with each new character.

PMs
- Please don't exchange PMs between Player and Character Accounts, as PMs are part of the game as well.
- PMs that include information about what another character did in an RL-Meeting are to be forwarded to the Player account of the Chracter's Player. (This is an exception to the previous rule.)

Killing off your Character
- Character death is likely and definitely welcome.
- Please discuss your character's death in the Planning Forum or via PM first and get the opinions of the players of characters that are emotionally close to your character if there are any. This matter can be rather delicate.
- The death of a character can only be announced by the character's player or an Admin. (Don't worry, we won't kill your chars off willy-nilly.)

The Chatbox
- Whenever people are roleplaying in the chatbox (recognisable by them using their character accounts to chat), do not interfere with ooc conversation.
- You may, however, lurk out of character. But you have to leave if someone asks you to.
- If people are not currently roleplaying, out of character conversations in the chatbox are okay. Just please stop as soon as people want to roleplay there.
- The chatbox can be used to roleplay telephone conversations or real life meetups. You can do that elsewhere too, though.
Back to top Go down
Broeckchen
Admin

Date of Registration : 2012-12-06

Rules on Roleplaying Empty
PostSubject: RL Contact   Rules on Roleplaying EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 7:03 am

RL Contact
RL Contact
- Characters can also establish RL contact, e.g. via phone or meeting; this is purely optional. (If you want to establish or participate in regular meetings, it would be a smart move to have your character live close to the others.) Playing RL happenstances explicitly is optional as well; there is no place for this in the forum and we don't need the logs.
After RL contact, a character can make all kinds of claims about these events and the other characters. It's up to the other players how true that is and how the characters respond. Generally, it makes for nicer playing situations if you try to justify claims directed at your character, even though their POV might put a different spin on the story. Realistically, answers to insults, outward trolling or extremely OOC behaviour are going to look different, though, which is perfectly valid.

Example I:

Harlan posts:
It was great to see you guys again! Even though *some* of you people were pretty stand-off-ish and talked more to the waiter than to the group... *coughSamilee73cough*

Samilee73 posts:
now give me a fuckin break! i kept apologizin to the waitre for you guys bceause *some* of YOU wouldnt keep it down. >Sad

Harlan posts:
Oh come on, don't be such a buzzkill. We were just having a bit of fun. I guess one drink less would've done it too but the rest of the place was pretty busy anyway, and imho we *deserved* a drink after that ritual...

Example II:

Harlan posts:
Last night, after I dropped off your drunk backfluff at your shitty apartment complex? I banged your mom.

Samilee73 posts:
OH NO YOU DIDNT
Back to top Go down

Rules on Roleplaying
Page 1 of 1