Clock-Face and Looking-Glass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Paranormal Emergencies

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fear of oneself isn't healthy...is it?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RutJob

Date of Registration : 2012-12-06

Fear of oneself isn't healthy...is it? Empty
PostSubject: Fear of oneself isn't healthy...is it?   Fear of oneself isn't healthy...is it? EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 8:50 pm

Player Account: RutJob

Account Profile
Character Account: StayingSane
Birthday: Unknown
Job: Unknown
Hobbies: Reading, funk/jazz/rock n' roll music, conversations with interesting people
Comments: Mind your own goddamn business

Character
Name: Luther Bradshaw
Birth Date: February 18th, 1986

General Appearance:
Luther is an exceptionally tall, white male with troubled black eyes and a lanky, slim figure. His face is in a perpetually shaggy, unshaven state, though he does a much better job of keeping himself clean looking than he did during his days on the streets. He is an intense looking young man, with a clear wisdom beyond his years etched into every feature. Because of this, he can be quite intimidating to be around, something that is not least of all due to his rather powerful frame.

Fear of oneself isn't healthy...is it? 0fa99b102da1baa96d0db349c85017e0

General Attitude:
Luther is a quiet man who keeps to himself more often than not, preferring the solitude of his thoughts to the intrusions of other people, despite what he has suffered as a result of his being a schizophrenic. Now that he's on medication and is seeing a therapist, he enjoys the silence that comes with reading a good book or thinking by himself, without the bother of hallucinations and delusional paranoia. Even so, he is not a weak-willed man, and will not hesitate to put bluntly exactly why he is upset with you and what for. In other words, if you piss him off, prepare to hear about it.

Recently, Luther has made a return to his paranoia due to the paranormal entities he believes are haunting him. This time, though, he's certain that what he is experiencing is real and he will do anything he can to prove it. Because of this, he's even more irritable than usual lately, and is prone to snapping at everyone. Even those he cares about. Around the forum, he's the 'grumpy old man' sort of poster who chips in only to offer a cynical piece of wisdom once in a while, before returning to quiet, patient silence.

Sample Posts
(Replying to a post asking for information on something)
Idfk man. It sounds like you've got yourself in a bind. if this fluff is serious.... just be careful with it. You don't want to piss anything off, especially if you don't know what it is. It's a safe bet that if what you've described is real, then you're already messin with somethin dangerous...either get out of the area ASAP or find a ritual or two to defend yourself...I've had pretty good luck with these guys(link) and this site has some interesting ideas(link) Idk how trust-worthy either of them are...you can never fuckin tell online, so take everything you read with a grain of salt.

but seriously, get the fudge out of there. Now.

(Starting a topic titled 'Paranormal entity affecting my electronic equipment[TV, radio, computer, etc.]')
Okay... so I know I don't post much but...

Lately I've been having problems. And not the sort of problems that I can go out and tell anyone IRL about, because if I did they'd just send me straight to the loony bin and I don't really want to go back there. But I also don't want to be out of a job or a home ever again, either. So I'm here. Asking you guys. fuckin cool.

A lot of my electronics lately have been screwing up, and I think some sort of paranormal entity may be behind this. the reason I think so is because every once in a while, my goddamn TV starts flickering and freaking out(and it's not snow or static like a TV will usually show when it's on the fritz.) I see all these weird colors and flashes, and sometimes images pops up...like an eerie light is being covered up or passed over by something heavy in the foreground. Or this writhing black mass, which I think is bein gobscured by shadows but I can't actually tell, coupled with this weird growlingish sound. idfk? it sounds like some one speaking, or more like several people speaking at once, in growls.

Also, and Idk if this is related, but my computer has been subject to similar occurrences as well. Mostly the keyboard has been a problem, typing letters and numbers and symbols beyond my control in really weird, unexpected ways. Yesterday I ended up with the alphabet, backwards(no fluff) on my desktop. Where it isn't possibly to type. That was fuckin weird. I wouldn't think anything of it except for the TV phenomena, and the radio has been playing really strange sounds once a week or so. The sounds are like whispers, quieter versions of the growls I hear on my TV, with occasional moments of clearly English speaking jumbled together with it. All of this has been going on for three weeks now.

I think I'v definitely got something on my tail, but none of my research has led me to anything about any of this and I'm honestly kind of freaked. As of now nothing is physically wrong and I don't feel like I'm in danger but i want soem info before it maybe reaches that point.

I know with my history you might all turn a skeptical eye toward what I just posted, but I need help. And not the mental kind of help. I know I'm in my right mind.....
Back to top Go down
Broeckchen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fear of oneself isn't healthy...is it?   Fear of oneself isn't healthy...is it? EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 6:10 am

Okay, I'd like to go over the mental disorder once more before I accept this. :3

Do you want him to have schizophrenia or a psychosis?

Schizophrenia is a bit more specific, and according to my research has a distinct "I'm being influenced/controlled" factor and more audible hallucinations than tactile or visual ones.

Psychosis is a broader term, but doesn't bind the paranoia of the character to the feeling of being controlled or influenced. Also, visual and tactile hallucinations are way more common.

On the one hand, being diagnosed with schizophrenia and having things that would qualify as visual hallucinations and stuff would be a good indicator for him that it's not his mental disorder acting up, but reality.

On the other hand, with such symptons and disorders you always walk a fine line, and people might react a bit repelled when they read "schizophrenia" in your profile thread, as this disorder in particular is often misused in characters. They might come around though when you show that you have done your homework - which I find highly likely from what I read here.
Back to top Go down
RutJob

PostSubject: Re: Fear of oneself isn't healthy...is it?   Fear of oneself isn't healthy...is it? EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 12:21 pm

No problem!

I definitely intended to give him schizophrenia, as I have done my research(schizophrenia runs in my family, and I've had a few scares myself) and it fits categorically with what Luther experiences/experienced- his delusions often times were of the "aliens are trying to tell me to do this and that via my TV" or "I just heard the voice of a demon telling me not to trust my stepfather" variety, and so on and so forth. From what I understand this is rather common for people diagnosed with schizophrenia. While visual hallucinations are less common, I believe(I might be wrong) they can occur- especially if, like Luther, one has been wrapped up in one's delusions for many years without treatment, as he was. It may be that he was deluded long enough to be considered psychotic, but that psychotic break was as a result of a prolonged schizophrenic episode for sure.

I hope this clears some things up! Smile
Back to top Go down
Broeckchen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fear of oneself isn't healthy...is it?   Fear of oneself isn't healthy...is it? EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 12:28 pm

Good good! :3 Welcome on board then! Accepted and you're able to post in the ig forum now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fear of oneself isn't healthy...is it?   Fear of oneself isn't healthy...is it? Empty

Back to top Go down

Fear of oneself isn't healthy...is it?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clock-Face and Looking-Glass :: Meta-Forum :: Applications :: Accepted Characters-
Jump to: