Clock-Face and Looking-Glass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Paranormal Emergencies

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dream Cleansing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

Date of Registration : 2012-12-05

Dream Cleansing Empty
PostSubject: Dream Cleansing   Dream Cleansing EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 9:19 am

If a paranormal entity invades your dreams and makes you lose the sleep you so desperately need to stay focused and alert, it's always useful to have a way to get them out of there. This ritual is a little bit tricky but can be performed rather well with a bit of practise.

INGREDIENTS:

SALT
A little bag of it. Plastic bags are great for this.

Some sort of TOOL for taking things apart, or simply breaking them is needed. In fact you need a specific tool, which fits your kind of dreams. More on that in "PREPARATIONS". It should either be able to work without power, or come with its own fuel/batteries.

You will also need a PILLOW to sleep on.

OPTIONAL:
AFRICAN DREAM ROOT TEA is very good for lucidity, which is required for this to work properly. Don't take too much of it, though, unless you like hallucinations.

PREPARATIONS:
Before you can start the ritual, you have to achieve lucidity during the dream. This is kind of hard to do, at times, so you should practise, practise, practise. The most important thing is integrating reality-checks into your regular routine, but always performing them critically. My personal favourite is pinching your nose. If you can still breathe, you're in a dream. If you do that properly, it might make you aware of the fact you're dreaming, which will allow you to manipulate things as you desire. This is crucial for the ritual.
Once you manage to become lucid, you will have to find your own trap-room. I have no idea why it exists, or what it even is, really, but it seems that everyone has one.
The trap room can be in one of two places. Up in the sky or below underground. Just try finding both, but you will probably only find one. Imagine that the ground is made of smoke, or something else that can be passed through and that you can fall. You will fall through the ground and possibly end up in your trap-room. If you don't, just imagine that gravity is working in the different direction and fall into the sky.
Once you have found your trap-room, you can see what it is made of. That's what's important at this point. See what it is made of and think of a tool that can destroy it. For a room made of paper, that might be a pair of scissors. For glass, a hammer would be sufficient. If it's steel, well... You'll have to get creative. You will find however, that any tool you can will into pseudo-existence will just pass through the walls of the trap-room, so you'll need to find something more solid. It's also well worth mentioning, that items you put under your pillow before going to bed appear in the trap-room, shortly after you enter it.

ACTUAL RITUAL:
1. Put both the SALT and the TOOL under your pillow.
2. Optional: Drink a sip of AFRICAN DREAM ROOT TEA.
3. Go to sleep.
4. Become lucid.
5. Go to your trap-room. It should look the same as before. Wait for the bag of salt and the tool to appear. This may be uncomfortable, as the entity will also be forced into the trap-room and probably hassle you there.
6. Draw a circle made from salt on the ground, or if there is no ground, any surface, or if there is no surface, just draw it in the air.
7. This is the difficult part. You have to get the entity to enter the circle somehow. Subterfuge, violence, dirty tricks... Do whatever it takes. Remember that you can create things to help you with that when lucid. Remember, that the entity can't be killed in your dream, it will simply reform.
8. When it's in the circle, quickly get the tool you brought in via pillow and disassemble the room. It will fall apart and leave you alone in a boundary-less void. It's a boring dream, but at least you'll be able to sleep peacefully. Sadly, you will have to do that once every night, as long as the entity is still attacking you.

SIDE EFFECTS:
There is one thing you should seriously never do. And that is putting your hand under the pillow. Sometimes it will rip off your hand, transport it to the trap-room and wake you up.
You should also never leave anything expensive in the trap-room, because after the room falls apart, it's gone. ArkMaster said that such items sometimes turn back up at strange place, but the chance that you ever see the place your super-expensive bolt-cutter went is slim. So better hold onto it until you wake up. You should also turn off any power tools, because it sucks to wake up with a running chainsaw in your hand.
The last important side-effect is things you might see in the void after the dream collapses. The reason for that is probably best conveyed in a quote from ArkMaster:

ArkMaster wrote:
Things you see in the black are mostly things humans aren't really supposed to see, much less understand! The state of dreaming however frees you to do so and it will make you see the world in a new light upon waking up. For example, I fell into utter despair once when I found that there is a horizon and that I can't see all of earth's surface at once. :'D I've also seen reports of people finding new, weird rituals in the darkness...
Back to top Go down
https://lookatthetime.rpg-board.net
Noah_

Noah_

Date of Registration : 2012-12-07

Dream Cleansing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream Cleansing   Dream Cleansing EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 6:59 am

Research is still in progress!! But since it's urgent I'll update faster!!
I think I am onto something here... It should be possible to pool the subconscious of (at least) two people in their dreams! That can be done via travel through the void outside of the trap room!! Which probably isn't a nice process because of all the things you encounter in the void... (I think you'll also have to destroy your trap room for that!!)

I'd assume that you'll need a personal effect of that person, probably something like hair? Not sure if that's enough to find them!! And you'll have to get into their trap room so either they destroyed it or you do from the outside!?
I'M almost sure my brotherm ust've looked into this, I'll have to find that journal...
Back to top Go down
Shutter

Shutter

Date of Registration : 2012-12-06

Dream Cleansing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream Cleansing   Dream Cleansing EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 7:08 am

What about a red cord like in Tie to Object. A symbolic connection between the two dreamers. Maybe combined with some variation of the symbol used in the TtO ritual?
I remember that a friend of mine told me that he once did something like that.
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

Dream Cleansing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream Cleansing   Dream Cleansing EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 9:20 am

I found something Apparently the active party would need a personal effect from the other who instead needs a beacon (something remarkably bright/shiny/attractive ie torch?) After destroying your own trap room there should be a faint light in the void leading you to the other's trap room in their subconscious
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

Dream Cleansing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream Cleansing   Dream Cleansing EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 8:06 am

Which is of little help when the "passive" party doesn't know about this, I suppose.

Your brother seems to have been very good with rituals. Smile Maybe it runs in the family, hm?

You keep talking about the "Void". Could you maybe elaborate about that?
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

Dream Cleansing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream Cleansing   Dream Cleansing EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 8:17 am

I think you could destroy the Trap Room from the outside if you have an appropriate tool! It's just hard to guess what another person's Trap Room is gonna be made of!

The void is kind of described above... You're kind of floaty there, and sometimes things "bubble" up! The funny thing is, sometimes you hit a portion that's kind of resistant, like... jelly.
Back to top Go down
RedQueen
Admin
RedQueen

Dream Cleansing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream Cleansing   Dream Cleansing EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 8:36 am

Ah, so it's just the name for the "black" mentioned above. I see. Thank you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Noah_

Noah_

Dream Cleansing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream Cleansing   Dream Cleansing EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 6:04 am

NOTE: Don't tell other people what your Trap Room is made of!! I'm not 100% sure it's dangerous but I have a really really grisly suspicion about this!! Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dream Cleansing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream Cleansing   Dream Cleansing Empty

Back to top Go down

Dream Cleansing
Page 1 of 1